Sunday, May 02, 2010

Grab Your Towel and Sculpt Your Abs

I have to say, my favorite workouts require little to no equipment. This is one of the things I absolutely love about the Crunchless Abs program. In the Crunchless Abs 2 workout, all you need is a towel. That’s it. And in just 10 minutes a day, I’m working my way toward firmer, stronger, sexier abs. It’s all about making them work – repeatedly. And not just some of the abs, but all of your abs. Side obliques, lower abs, upper abs – all of your core gets activated and put to work. These are really simple exercises! It’s not rocket science. Getting taut, sculpted abs isn’t a big mystery and won’t require a ton of time, but it does take consistency – you’ve got to commit to working on them just about every day if you want to see results.

Now, the killer move in this program is the pushup. Whoa. As I’ve gotten older, my upper body strength has really diminished. This would explain why I’m starting to get those flabby upper arms I never thought would happen to me. Must resist!! Tracy Mallet leads us through really clever exercises that trick your abdominals into working hard – you just won’t believe it till you try it. The most amazing little move to me is when you drag a towel across the floor with your arm – it’s crazy how it taps directly into your abs and makes them work hard.

No comments: